- Mr. Shen Guojun is a PhD and senior economist. He is a member of the 11th and 13th National Committee of the Chinese People's Political Consultative Conference (CPPCC) and of the Committee for Handling Proposals of the 13th CPPCC. He is also a member of the Standing Committee of the 14th, 15th and 16th Central Committee of China Zhigong Party. As a business leader, Mr. Shen is Executive Chairman of the General Association of Zhejiang Entrepreneurs, President of the General Association of Ningbo Entrepreneurs, and Founder and Chairman of Yintai Group. Mr. Shen is also passionate about philanthropy, and is the Founder and Honorary President of Yintai Foundation, as well as Executive Chairman of The Paradise Foundation.
- Mr. Shen Guojun founded Yintai Group in 1997, a conglomerate engaged in industrial development and investment with businesses in commercial retail, commercial real estate, exploration and mining of mineral resources, and equity investment. It has numerous subsidiaries and holds equity stakes in many companies at home and abroad. It is now a diversified industrial and capital driven modern conglomerate with a number of core businesses.
- Responding actively to the call of the Party and government, Mr. Shen is committed to building the nation’s economy and social development strategies, and has offered advice on industry transformation and upgrading, as well as socio-economic development. Mr. Shen is a strong advocate of social responsibility. He founded Yintai Foundation to promote the development of public welfare and philanthropic undertakings such as ecological and environmental protection, nurturing high-level philanthropic talent, livelihood assistance, poverty alleviation and rural revitalization.
- Mr. Shen has received numerous awards and accolades including “Most Respected Entrepreneur in China”, “Top 25 Most Influential Business Leader in China”, “Chinese Business Leader”, “Top 10 Promoters of Chinese Society”, “100 Persons who had an Impact on Philanthropy in China”, Business Leaders who had an Impact on Reform and Opening-up”, and “Chinese Enterprise Reform Award” at the 40th anniversary of China’s reform and opening-up.
A good entrepreneur carries forward good traditional business morality and continues to open up new commercial civilization. Innovation and Revolution, Diligence and Progress, Sharing and Collaboration, Integrity and Responsibility are Shen's interpretation of the term Entrepreneurship.
- Innovation and Revolution
- "Each person has a dragon and a tiger inside him. Let out your dragon and tiger to prey in the market so that there is more innovation and revolution, and consequently more progress, in this society and this market."
- "Innovation and Revolution is an eternal theme for every enterprise. In a highly homogeneous world today, one can only survive by providing distinctive product, service, expertise, design and management."
- Diligence and Progress
- "For the next one or two decades, the best defense should be attack and change. It is imperative to fear technological progress, and embrace the tide of change. Respect and believe in the power of market and customers."
- "There's no such a thing as genius or shortcut. Success only comes to those who are diligent, hardworking and prepared."
- Sharing and Collaboration
- "Instead of keeping doors closed, we have to learn to share and collaborate. We have to make the best of Platform Thinking and Shared Value to win more friends and partners, and create more values, both tangible and intangible."
- Integrity and Responsibility
- "Promise is more valuable than life. Friendship is more valuable than money." "In a commercial era, no integrity and failure to keep one’s promise will mean no friend and impossibility to succeed."
- "The best of an entrepreneur is to become a philanthropist. Starting business and collecting money is a kind of satisfaction while giving out money and donating is a pleasure. By doing philanthropic and charitable things you help yourself by helping others: You do everything for yourself and not for anyone else since this gives you all the pleasure and happiness."
- ——Shen Guojun